Making a true difference as an Investor Relations Manager? At Aqua-Spark (Forbes’ Impact Asset 50 Manager), a fast growing global investment fund, you will be contributing to innovative solutions to food security and ocean conservation through aquaculture.
We are seeking to bolster the fundraise & investor relations team to serve the needs of its global investor community. Are you ambitious for managing the worldwide Aqua-Spark network of investors, passionate about building and maintaining relationships with investors around the globe? Give us a chance to meet you!
Aqua-Spark is a global investment fund based in Utrecht, that makes investments in sustainable aquaculture businesses that generate investment returns, while creating positive social and environmental impact. The fund is building an ecosystem of small to medium sized enterprises across the global aquaculture value chain to make aquaculture more sustainable, healthier and more accessible for all. Aqua-Spark is growing fast and therefore we want to extend the Fundraising & Investor Relations team.
Who are we looking for? The primary responsibility for the IR Manager will be to build and maintain best-in-class engagement with investors, and help further develop an integrated investor relations strategy. The IR Manager will look after Limited Partner operations, from supporting investors during the onboarding process to keeping LPs informed and engaged with the fund, organizing of events and keeping all relevant investor records up-to-date. The IR Manager will work alongside the finance, legal and deal team and the fund administrator. Besides that you are well humored, have a positive attitude and love to work in an entrepreneurial organisation within a great team. You are willing to travel if necessary. You report to the Development & Investor Relations Director.
- Customizing investor-specific materials to respond to unique requests, including completion of due diligence questionnaires (DDQs) and annual/quarterly data requests;
- Support investors during the onboarding process or transfers of their units, and with the fund’s administrator, maintain LP Investment Room to ensure regular and systematic reporting with LP contacts;
- Contributing to preparation of fundraise and development & maintenance of fund marketing materials and dataroom;
- Coordinating fundraising activities, preparing the leadership team for investor meetings, including systematic tracking of engagement, meeting notes and follow-up actions;
- Organising of fundraise and investors events, including management of logistics, communicating with investors, coordinating and briefing the team, and developing materials;
- Maintain best-in-class engagement with investors, including including preparing and sending emails, newsletters, reports, investment announcements etc.;
- Support preparation and execution of regular LP update meetings, including scheduling, defining topic/agenda, preparing presentation and briefing material, briefing speakers, and minuting;
- Scanning the broader private equity and impact marketplace for potential investors and synthesising relevant information to understand potential investor interest, suitability, and identifying contacts for engagement;
- Filing of all investor related documents and keeping all relevant investor records like internal address book up to date;
- Any other task required / project related to Investor Relations, including admin tasks if needed.
What are the required personal skills?
We are looking for an individual who knows how to build and maintain relationships, thrives in an collaborative environment, is comfortable with complexity, embraces change, and knows how to deliver. You are a charismatic communicator (both verbally and in writing), a thinker and a doer who naturally builds relationships that lead to results. Furthermore you have:
- a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business/Communication/ or similar discipline and at least 5 years of experience in a similar position, i.e. in (impact) investing, corporate finance or business development;
- A genuine passion for the profit with purpose vision, aligned to the firms work and impact;
- Solid background, with a robust understanding of private equity fund structuring and terms, fund performance metrics and portfolio financials that are critical to the role;
- Alignment with Aqua-Spark values and interested toward key components of the Aqua-Spark approach;
- Proficient in Apple, Microsoft Office, Excel, familiarity with databases and excellent IT/computer skills in general;
- A native English speaker is preferred
- You are able and like to occasionally travel
What competencies do you need to be successful?
- The ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of investors and the internal team, across written and verbal mediums is central to the role. It is critical that you will have the capability to communicate with a diverse group of investors, including senior executives at institutional investors in a way that demonstrates an understanding of the strategic imperatives for them. Therefor we ask for superb written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to draft profession high level reports and messages for prospective and current investors;
- Intellectual drive and capacity. Ability to analyse information and present compelling arguments, quickly grasping and effectively communicating concepts to diverse audiences;
- Entrepreneurial, team player, innovative, flexible and open-minded, creative thinker, ability to adapt to a fast moving and non-¬traditional working environment;
- Strong project management skills and self-motivated in taking the initiative, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development;
- Eager to learn, broad interests with an understanding of world business, financial affairs and an awareness of trends and current activity in the relevant markets of aqua-/agriculture/ global food production industry;
- High personal integrity, including the capacity to discretely handle highly confidential and sensitive information;
- High energy and positive team member;
- Strong understanding of financial reports, analytic methods.
What’s in it for you?
Excellent introduction, quick integration, and opportunities for professional development. You’ll find yourself working in a challenging international environment collaborating within a growing and great team of professionals!
- Partly working from home
- An excellent salary package including participation profit sharing
- Working in an international organisation that values inclusiveness and diversity.
- Occasional travel
For more information or if you would like to apply directly, please contact Marjolein Jetten by sending an e-mail to Marjolein(at)aqua-spark.nl. We look forward to receiving your application!