Making a true difference as an Investment Manager? Aqua-Spark (Forbes Impact 50), a fast growing global investment fund, active in innovative solutions to food security and ocean conservation through aquaculture is looking for an Investment Manager to extend the team! Do you want to create positive environmental and social impact? Then this may be your opportunity!
Aqua-Spark is a global investment fund that makes investments in sustainable aquaculture businesses that generate investment returns while creating positive social and environmental impact. The fund is building an ecosystem of small to medium sized enterprises across the global aquaculture value chain to make aquaculture more sustainable, healthier and more accessible for all. You work in a great team, where communication is key! You report to the Investment Director.
- drive the overall process of making high quality investments by turning high quality leads into final investment agreements that achieve optimum result for the fund’s investors and portfolio companies in line with the fund’s investment strategy and impact objectives;
- make thorough analyses of various investment cases with responsibility for on- and off-site due diligence on potential portfolio investments, including in-depth due diligence on the team, company financials and returns, impact factors, deal structure, investment amount, risk assessment, product and market description, etc.;
- negotiate term sheets;
- monitor, support and manage portfolio companies’ performance through KPIs, quarterly reports;
- write reports and present to relevant stakeholders including Managing Partners and Investment Committee on investment opportunities and portfolio company progress.
The successful candidate is able to:
- successfully lead and complete an investment process;
- work together with the team to set the key performance indicators for the portfolio companies and monitor both financial and non-financial performance of the existing portfolio investments;
- build (pro-actively) sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders and professionally represent Aqua-Spark at conferences and events in order to connect with and establish relationships within the worldwide Aqua-Spark network;
- work closely together with the deal team to identify which companies are most promising for Aqua-Spark’s portfolio;
- keep up-to-date on information that is relevant to the aquaculture industry and Aqua-Spark’s value chain and develop the skillsets and knowledge to specialize in aquaculture and its (financial) markets;
Experience and skills
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business/Finance or similar discipline and 5 or more years of professional working experience for example in impact investing, PE/VC, corporate finance or business development. What does it take to be successful working at Aqua-Spark?
- at least 3 years of working experience in investing and conducting due diligence
- experience in working with SMEs, preferably with a sustainability, environmental and/or social focus
- board experience
- experience with PE and/or IPO preferred
- broad interest in and understanding of world business and financial affairs and awareness of trends in the relevant (financial) markets
- understanding of the global food production and the agri-/aquaculture industry and willingness to follow trends and developments in aquaculture
- excellent financial and analytical skills, including experience with financial modeling
- excellent negotiation skills
- excellent writing and oral communication skills, with a high degree of professionalism in English
- experience with business planning and processing legal documentation/information
- must be proficient in Apple, Microsoft Office with familiarity with databases and excellent IT/computer skills in general
An excellent salary package including participation profit sharing, and a truly impactful role within a great entrepreneurial and global organization that is growing fast.
For more information or if you want to apply directly, contact Marjolein Jetten: marjolein(at)aqua-spark.nl