Investment Manager (fulltime, Utrecht, The Netherlands)
Would you like to be part of Aqua-Spark, a global investment fund active in innovative solutions to food security and ocean conservation through aquaculture? Do you want to make a true difference within an organization that creates positive environmental and social impact? Then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
Investment Manager (Fulltime, Utrecht, The Netherlands)
As an Investment manager at Aqua-Spark you:
- Drive the overall process of making high quality investments by turning high quality leads into final investment agreements that achieve optimum result for the fund’s investors and portfolio companies in line with the fund’s investment strategy and impact objectives;
- Make thorough analyses of various investment cases with responsibility for on- and off-site due diligence on potential portfolio investments, including in-depth due diligence on the team, company financials and returns, impact factors, deal structure, investment amount, risk assessment, product and market description, etc.;
- Negotiate term sheets;
- Monitor, support and manage portfolio companies’ performance through KPIs, quarterly reports, etc.;
- Write reports and present to relevant stakeholders including Managing Partners and Investment Committee on investment opportunities and portfolio company progress.
The successful candidate is able to:
- Work independently to successfully lead and complete an investment process;
- Work together with the team to set the key performance indicators for the portfolio companies and monitor both financial and non-financial performance of the existing portfolio investments;
- Build (pro-actively) sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders and professionally represent Aqua-Spark at conferences and events in order to connect with and establish relationships within the worldwide Aqua-Spark network;
- Work closely together with the deal team to identify which companies are most promising for Aqua-Spark’s portfolio;
- Keep up-to-date on information that is relevant to the aquaculture industry and Aqua-Spark’s value chain and develop the skillsets and knowledge to specialize in aquaculture and its (financial) markets;
- Work in a great team, where communication is key! You are part of the Investment team with Investment Managers and Dealflow Managers that report to the Investment Director.
Required personal skills
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business/Finance or similar discipline and 5 or more years of professional working experience for example in impact investing, PE/VC, corporate finance or business development. What does it take to be successful working at Aqua-Spark?
- At least 2 years of working experience in investing and conducting due diligence;
- Experience in working with SMEs, preferably with a sustainability, environmental and/or social focus;
- Broad interest in and understanding of world business and financial affairs and awareness of trends in the relevant (financial) markets;
- Understanding of the global food production and the agri-/aquaculture industry and willingness to follow trends and developments in aquaculture;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills using methods to obtain, assess, interpret and present complicated financial information, including experience with Financial modeling;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, with a high degree of professionalism in English;
- Experience with business planning and processing legal documentation/information;
- Must be proficient in Apple, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) with familiarity with databases and excellent IT/computer skills in general.
The correct candidate will have an excellent salary package with attractive secondary benefits, including participation profit sharing, and a truly impactful role within a great entrepreneurial and global organization that is growing fast.
Aqua-Spark is a global investment fund based in Utrecht that makes investments in sustainable aquaculture businesses that generate investment returns while creating positive social and environmental impact. The fund is building an ecosystem of small to medium sized enterprises across the global aquaculture value chain to make aquaculture more sustainable, healthier and more accessible for all.
For more information or if you would like to apply directly, please contact Marjolein Jetten by e-mail: email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not desired.