Fundraising & Investor Relations Associate (Utrecht, ft/pt)
Galvanizing an impact investor community is the core business of this exciting position. You are ambitious for managing the worldwide Aqua-Spark network of investors, building relationships with potential investors and maintaining sustainable relationships with stakeholders worldwide. We are especially interested in candidates who are adaptable, good-humored, relentless problem solvers, have customer service experience and are passionate about the impact of aquaculture globally! You are willing to travel if necessary. You report to the Development & Investor Relations Director.
Do you like to exponentially build your professional and personal network? By working at an investment fund that globally creates positive environmental and social impact? This is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
As a Fundraising and Investor Relations Associate your responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Building pro-actively relationships with potential investors and identify new investor networks worldwide;
- Assist with organizing meetings and events for potential investors national and internationally;
- Pitching to potential investors through email, phone, in person and at events;
- Keep Marketing Materials, the database of the (potential) investors as well as all the information on the investor platforms up-to-date;
- Making sure to being updated about all aspects of the fund and the aquaculture industry to be able to inform the followers and the network.
Investor Relations (50%):
- Help the firm build deep relationships with its investor community through consistent outreach and engagement by email, phone, in-person meetings etc.;
- Organise events, like the annual investor gathering, dinners and other creative ways to engage the community;
- Work with investors and financial advisors to inform them about Aqua-Spark’s development and portfolio;
- Support diligence requests and provide professional customer service on incoming inquiries;
- Reporting to institutional investors and financial services firms;
- Contribute to strategic communications and content development, write and design quarterly investor-updates (newsletters, social media);
- Research and propose new customers andways to engage them;
- Support external meetings and conferences, and insure proper follow-up;
- Updating investor contact information, overseeing investor services with the fund administrator to ensure information is correct and up-to-date and finalize the investment process with new incoming investors, assist in the subscription process, KYC check, Fund Administration etc..
Required personal skills
You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business/similar discipline and at least 5 years of experience in a similar position, f.e. in impact investing, corporate finance or business development. What do you need to be successful?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you are a great for building community, love networking and connecting people, including the ability to effectively communicate by phone and e-mailto a variety of audiences.
- Administrative, great at organizing events & time management skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving;
- Entrepreneurial, team player, innovative, flexible and open-minded, creative thinker, ability to adapt to a fast moving and nontraditional working environment;
- Eager to learn, broad interests with an understanding of world business, financial affairs and an awareness of trends and current activity in the relevant markets of aqua-/agriculture/ global food production industry;
- Alignment with Aqua-Spark values and interested toward key components of the Aqua-Spark approach;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and preferably a second language;
- Proficient in Apple, Microsoft Office, familiarity with databases and excellent IT/computer skills in general.
The company Aqua-Spark is a global investment fund based in Utrecht, that makes investments in sustainable aquaculture businesses that generate investment returns, while creating positive social and environmental impact. The fund is building an ecosystem of small to medium sized enterprises across the global aquaculture value chain to make aquaculture more sustainable, healthier and more accessible for all.
For more information or if you would like to apply directly, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application!