Dealflow Manager (Utrecht, fulltime)
As a Dealflow Manager you serve as the initial onboarding contact for entrepreneurs who apply to Aqua-Spark seeking investments. You focus on and identify investment opportunities within the global core business of Aqua-Spark: sustainable aquaculture. You make sure that enough high quality deal flow is generated, by worldwide outreach to companies, experts, going to industry conferences, participating in business competitions and research pipeline generation for focus ares and geographies that are underrepresented.
Would you to work at a fast growing global investment fund active in innovative solutions to food security and ocean conservation through aquaculture? Do you want to make a true difference and create positive environmental and social impact? Then this may be your opportunity! Aqua-Spark is seeking an enthusiastic and driven colleague to extend the team.
Dealflow Manager (Fulltime, Utrecht, the Netherlands)
- Respond to initial investment inquiries and conduct follow-up meetings or phone/conference calls/e-mails;
- Build a high quality pipeline of sustainable aquaculture businesses around the world for potential investment;
- Build expertise around value chain segments, including farming, technology, inputs, genetics, fish health, and more;
- Build extensive network in aquaculture industry, including start-ups, corporates, industry experts, etc.
- Identify and target investment opportunities and select the most promising companies in the pipeline for potential investment by networking, reaching out, creating partnerships at conferences and events, learning about other industries and following trends.
- Preliminary analysis of companies, including business model, financial model, team, key markets, etc. and fit with Aqua-Spark’s mission;
- Work together with investment managers on first stages of investment process, present and advice key findings to investment team
- Build and gather an extensive database with as much information on any company in the pipeline as possible for future reference. If a company applies/reaches out he/she makes sure all the relevant materials and data will be gathered and put in our database. He/she is making sure all of this data and documentation is properly recorded, assessable and searchable for the wider investment team unless a company is not relevant (completely unsustainable, not in aquaculture etc.).
The successful candidate is able to
- Work together with the team to set the key performance indicators for the portfolio companies and monitor both financial and non-financial performance of the existing portfolio investments;
- Build (pro-actively) sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders and professionally represent Aqua-Spark at conferences and events in order to connect with and establish relationships within the worldwide Aqua-Spark network;
- Work closely together within the deal team to identify which companies are most promising for Aqua-Spark’s portfolio;
- Keep up-to-date on information that is relevant to the aquaculture industry and Aqua-Spark’s value chain and develop the skillsets and knowledge to specialize in aquaculture and its (financial) markets;
What does it take to be successful working at Aqua-Spark?
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business/Finance or similar discipline and 1-3 or more years of professional working experience for example in impact investing, PE/VC, corporate finance or business development. You like to work in a great team as well as work independent. Furthermore you have:
- Experience in working with SMEs, preferably with a sustainability, environmental and/or social focus;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, networker, with a high degree of professionalism in English, a second language is preferred;
- Broad interest in and understanding of world business and financial affairs and awareness of trends in the relevant (financial) markets;
- Understanding of the global food production and the agri-/aquaculture industry and willingness to follow trends and developments in aquaculture;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills, including experience with financial modeling;
- Must be proficient in Apple, Microsoft Office with familiarity with databases and excellent IT/computer skills in general.
An excellent salary package including participation profit sharing, and a truly impactful role within a great entrepreneurial and global organization that is growing fast.
For more information or if you want to apply directly, contact Marjolein Jetten: firstname.lastname@example.org