Chief Operations Officer (COO) Energaia (Bangkok, Thailand) – This position is no longer open.
Founded in 2009, Energaia is on the verge of ensuring Spirulina reaches its potential as a worldclass alternative protein ingredient. Touted as a Superfood by the UN since the 1970s and hailed by health obsessives as the superfood to conquer viruses, prevent aging and even ward off cancer, Spirulina has yet to reach its full market potential due to production and taste challenges. With Energaia’s bioreactor and patented production system, enabling
production outside of ponds and in any environment, they have solved both issues and are kickstarting the Spirulina revolution.
Energaia is now seeking an exceptional candidate for the role of Chief Operating Officer to scale up operations and drive the company forward.
Chief Operations Officer
The long term Vision you are to help make a reality is ‘To become one of the world’s largest alternative protein producers
The Mission you are to help achieve daily is ‘To help feed the world by making spirulina accessible and appealing to everyone in order to enhance their lives.
As our new COO you are driven by these Values….
- Efficiency – measure twice, cut once
- Ingenuity – better, faster, cheaper
- Collaboration – no jerk rule
- Passion – do what you love, love what you do
- Quality – what we do, we do well
- Accountability – take ownership to get results
- Customer Experience – exceed expectations
The COO will own and ensure the execution of the company’s strategy defined with the CEO and the department heads. You will report directly to the CEO. The positions that report to you are the Production Director, Legal Director, Sales & Marketing Director and the Food Processing Manager, Smallholder Programs Manager, Human Resources Manager, and Finance Manager.
The Responsibilities of your role are to…
- Have end-to-end Profit & Loss responsibility;
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the entire operations and partner with all departments to meet budget and other financial goals, and to develop integrated processes that support excellent customer service. This includes Sales and Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing and New Product Development and Commercial Operations;
- Develop, establish, and direct the execution of operating policies to support overall company objectives;
- Working in partnership with the management team and board of directors, create the strategic five-year plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it;
- Devote 70% of efforts for improving topline which is growing 2X to 3X every year;
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals;
- Oversee all administrative functions, ensuring smooth daily operations;
- Oversee risk management and legal activities: client contracts, partnership agreements, leases, and other legal documents;
- Manage and oversee all financial and business planning activities, including:
– Direct and administer all financial plans
– Oversee business policies and accounting practices
– Review and analyze financial reports
– Lead and support organizational budgeting processes;
- Manage and oversee the human resource function, including:
– Recruitment, hiring and compensation
– Benefits administration and oversight
– Professional training and development, including new employee orientation
– Retention strategies.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Officer in relevant industry (agriculture, aquaculture, food production, engineering)
- Minimum 7 to 10 years experience working in Asia
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Experience in building, managing and leading teams
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BS in Agriculture Technology or Engineering, MBA desired
You will be based in Bangkok, Thailand, with frequent travel to our operations in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Singapore and Vietnam.
Negotiable based on the skills and experience of the selected candidate.