CEO, Molofeed (Bergen, Norway)
Are you the new entrepreneurial CEO to lead the organization from Bergen, Norway, with its global expansion? The CEO will lead the efforts of building and scaling the company and help improve the global aquaculture industry by developing high-value feed products.
About the company
Molofeed is a Norwegian producer of innovative and high-quality larval diets for marine finfish and shrimp. Based on years of research the company has developed a microencapsulation technology thatallows for producing the smallest sized particles that would be needed to feed the earliest stage larvae and replace live feeds from the diets. The company is now on the brink of launching commercially, starting in Latin America and Asia in shrimp as well as in Europe in Seabass and Seabream.
Molofeed AS is backed by a strong investor base, such as Norway Fresh AS (the Glastad family), Aseo AS (the Odfjell family), as well as the VC funds Aqua-Spark (the Netherlands) and Momentum (Norway).
CEO Job description
As CEO you will lead the Molofeed team and mission and consolidate what has been achieved so far. You will work strategically, financially and operationally to connect business and operations. To accomplish the company’s goals, you will work with relevant strategic international partners in commercializing the company. You understand the supply chain side of the business, but you lean heavily towards commercialization. To be successful as a CEO you bring a network and vision on how to grow within international hatchery feed markets. In this role you will be supported by the company’s staff within production, R&D and sales, both in Norway and abroad. You also work closely with the company’s board who is both engaged and competent within the industry. The role requires frequent international travel.
- Consolidation and finetuning of the current business;Scaling and building the organization;
- Developing and implementing the company’s strategy and policy for commercialization;
- Driving operational performance measures and analyzing company performance across the business;
- Reporting to the Board of Directors;
- Identification of strategic commercial partnerships and leading of conversations/ negotiations in the global aquaculture industry;
- Working pro-actively on managing external relationships and representing the company in public events
The ideal candidate has 5-10 years relevant work experience on a Director’s or C-level and has preferably a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business or similar discipline. Next to that you have:
- Experience and network within the global aquaculture industry, preferably within the feed industry;
- Proven track record in leading global sales and marketing teams;Experience in determining international business and commercial strategies and business development;
- Proven track record in P&L responsibility;
- you have experience from reporting your top and bottom line, either from heading a business unit or as CEO/entrepreneur;
Required personal skills
- You are a natural leader, a company builder and have an entrepreneurial mindset to lead a diverse management team andworkforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations and staffing needs;
- You are focused, energetic and self-motivated and have the ability to motivate and energize others;
- You have great strategic and analytical skills: You are able to develop a clear vision about the future of Molofeed by formulating objectives and priorities and implementing plans consistent with the long-term interest of the organization;
- You are the glue both withinthe organization as well with externalstakeholders;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, are a networker ‘pur sang’. You thrive in an international setting, building lasting international relationships;
- You have solid judgment and decision-making skills.Investigate all available options and their potential consequences thoroughly. Before making decisions, you involve others, as appropriate, to make high-quality, well-informed decisions on a timely basis;
- You can deal with complexity and uncertainty and are able to convert these into new opportunities for the further growth of Molofeed;
- You see the value of cooperation and naturally involve relevant parts of the organization when faced with difficult dilemmas and tasks
The position comes with competitive salary package and attractive secondary benefits including bonus scheme and share ownership. You also get the opportunity to make real change with an impactful role within a entrepreneurial and global network.
For more information or if you would like to apply directly, please contact Arve Janbu Fresvik by phone or email: +47 481 62 516 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!