AQUA-SPARK SEEKS ASSOCIATE COUNSEL!
Full-time (part-time/flexible hours possible)
Aqua-Spark is seeking an Associate Counsel to join its Legal and Compliance team. Are you a self-motivated Counsel with experience in corporate law (particularly private equity/venture capital and associated regulatory issues and compliance) ánd would you like to be part of a entrepreneurial team in a fast growing global investment fund active in innovative solutions to improve aqua culture? Do you want to make a true difference in the growth strategy of an organization that globally creates positive environmental and social impact?
Then this is the opportunity for you!
Aqua-Spark is looking to grow its legal team to meet the legal, strategic and compliance needs of a growing international investment fund. The role includes term sheet and shareholder/subscription agreement negotiation and review, fund and financial regulation, investor subscription, tax, client privacy, and records management. You will be reporting to the General Counsel.
Aqua-Spark is a global investment fund based in Utrecht, that makes investments in sustainable aquaculture businesses that generate investment returns, while creating positive social and environmental impact. The fund is building an ecosystem of small to medium sized enterprises across the global aquaculture value chain to make aquaculture more sustainable, healthier and more accessible for all.
As our Associate Counsel you will act as the legal partner for management and working closely with the team and our stakeholders. You will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in advising the investment team with regard to legal components of term sheet negotiation;
- Work with local (outside) and portfolio company counsel to finalize transaction documents, including shareholder and subscription agreements, convertible loan agreements, and other transaction documents and contracts;
- Complete required legal/compliance reporting for Aqua-Spark;
- Stay up-to-date on applicable regulations and reporting requirements and ensure compliance;
- Review internal Aqua-Spark policies and procedures to ensure legal and regulatory compliance, including completing and filing requisite forms and notices, and continually monitoring for newly applicable regulations;
- Report on identified compliance issues or areas for improvement and advise on strategy and risk mitigation;
- Assist with investor onboarding, such as KYC and oversight of correct documentation, communication with investors on subscription documents and legal questions, and maintaining investor register and internal documentation;
- Assist with legal communications with investors on policies and procedures and investor resolutions;
- Ensure proper legal documentation required for audit;
- You are a jurist or lawyer with at least 2 years of relevant experience in corporate law (prior experience reviewing shareholder and subscription agreements as well as some knowledge of regulatory frameworks preferred).
- You have a degree in law and can legally work as a jurist or lawyer in the Netherlands (visa sponsorship possible for exceptional candidates).
- You either have compliance experience (i.e. a good understanding of the AIFMD requirements and other laws and regulations relevant to investment funds such as KYC, anti-money laundering, conflicts of interest, data protection, GDPR, and tax and regulatory reporting) or a willingness to learn and an ability to master complex legal and regulatory frameworks.
- You have a high attention to detail and enjoy work that requires careful review and precision.
- You are willing to put in the time required to meet tight deadlines with a polished and accurate work product.
- You can synthesize and then clearly explain complicated topics, including risk analysis and mitigation strategies.
- You have the ability to read and understand Dutch regulations and related opinions.
- You have a teamwork mentality and are willing to do the tasks required for the organization’s overall success.
- You are self-motivated and able to multi-task and keep track of (and meet) deadlines.
- You have experience leading projects and are comfortable working and finding answers independently.
- You are a clear communicator and able to work well in collaborative and international environments.
- You have excellent Dutch and English communication skills.
In the center of Utrecht. In a beautiful building you will be working with an inspiring team.
The correct candidate will have an excellent salary package with attractive secondary benefits and a truly impactful role within a great entrepreneurial and global organisation which is growing fast. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
For more information or if you would like to apply directly, please contact Marjolein Jetten or apply directly: Marjolein@aqua-spark.nl