Fund & Investor Administration (Utrecht, full-time or part-time)
Do you want to make a jump start in the investment world of sustainability?
Aqua-Spark is a profitable, fast-growing global investment fund active in innovative solutions to improve aquaculture in Utrecht. Are you interested in finance and investor relations, a team player who wants to play a key role in an organization creating a positive environmental and social impact? This a great opportunity for someone who is ready to advance in his/her career or has just graduated. To assist with our fund and investor administration, Aqua-Spark is currently seeking a
Fund and Investor Administration
(Utrecht, full-time preferred but part-time possible for the right candidate)
Aqua-Spark is a global investment fund based in Utrecht that makes investments in sustainable aquaculture businesses, generating financial returns while creating a positive social and environmental impact. The fund is building an ecosystem of small- to medium-sized enterprises across the global aquaculture value chain to make aquaculture more sustainable, healthier and accessible for all.
As the Fund and Investor Administration Associate, you will administer key aspects of our fund administration and investor onboarding, working closely with the team and our stakeholders. You will primarily be responsible for the following, with opportunities for additional responsibilities and growth:
– Coordinating timely annual tax and other filings with outside national and international legal and financial organizations (DNB, SEC, FATCA/CRS) etc.
– Coordinating with portfolio companies and the investment team to receive necessary information for semi-annual valuations and quarterly reports
– Supporting the finance team with the preparation of annual audit and preparation of financial statements with the fund’s administrator
– Assist with the preparation of reports/updates on portfolio company financial performance and progress
– Answer questions from and provide guidance to portfolio companies as needed regarding quarterly and yearly financial reporting requirements
– Work with fund administrator on semi-annual fund valuation reports
– Coordinate with fund administrator to ensure that fund accounting is up to date
– Assist with internal/external invoicing process and collection of invoiced amounts
– Assisting to coordinate the investor subscription process
– Overseeing investor services with the fund administrator to ensure information is correct and up-to-date
– Assisting investors to complete subscription documents, tracking receipt of documents, and working with outside providers to ensure compliance with KYC (Know Your Customer) requirements
– Providing investors with required documentation and information
– Support investor relations tasks, including updating investor contact information, supporting mailing of investor newsletters and updates
– Assist the finance and investor teams as needed with other tasks
Required personal skills
You are a talented professional with good people skills, attention to detail, and an ability to work with numbers. While two years of work experience is preferred, we will consider strong applicants with less experience who demonstrate an ability to learn quickly.
Besides a relevant Bachelor/Master degree in Business, Economics, Accounting (or a course history that demonstrates an ability to work with numbers) you have a:
– Strong work ethic
– Attention to detail
– Ability to learn quickly and work unsupervised
– Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
– The ability to build trust and credibility with a team and peers
– Drive to constantly improve
– Excellent social and communication skills in English and Dutch, both written and verbal
– Proficiency with standard business software, including Excel and Word
– Some familiarity with standard accounting principles and practices (preferred)
– Experience working in an international business or financial environment (preferred)
In the center of Utrecht. In a beautiful building, you will be working with an inspiring, young team.
The correct candidate will have an excellent salary package with attractive secondary benefits and a truly impactful role within a great entrepreneurial and global organisation that is growing fast.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!