CEO (Indian Ocean Trepang, Madagascar 3-6 months, with the option to stay longer)
Do you want to make a true difference in the growth strategy of an organization that creates positive environmental and social impact? Indian Ocean Trepang (IOT) is currently looking for a driven, ambitious and highly motivated CEO to strengthen the great team of Indian Ocean Trepang (IOT).
Indian Ocean Trepang (IOT) is a sea-cucumber farm operation in Southern-Madagascar town of Tulear. IOT has a hatchery and nursery operations producing 1.5 mln junvenile sea-cucumbers, which are grown out in a site of 100 hectares of sea pens, located an hour drive from Tulear. The Company produces, and processes the sea-cucumbers in its local factory, where the product is dried and then sold to the fast-growing Chinese/Hong Kong market. In total, on a day-by-day basis, IOT has 100 employees and 50 temps.
IOT is in the process of developing and implementing a new strategy and improving production parameters by changing its farming process in the sea pens. To lead the organization through the process of changing and establish the successful business model, IOT has a position for an ambitious and driven CEO.
The CEO who will be successful at IOT, is a hands-on-all- round Manager, who will strategically, operationally and financially be connecting operations between hatchery/nursery and outgrow to optimize production. He/she will lead IOT into a new period by implementing a new farming process, prepared by shareholders and the board. The CEO should be willing to work on the ground, in non-western conditions in Tulear and work with all the workers to understand all operational processes to gain a good overview of the operations and production. To accomplish the goals set, the CEO will be supported by a CFO (0,5 FTE) and experienced partners in aquaculture from Aqua-Spark. Working as the CEO for IOT means having direct responsibility for creating lasting quality jobs, and make a real impact. This position is for a period of 3-6 month with the option to stay longer if all parties agree.
The ideal candidate has the following experience and skills next to a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business or similar discipline:
– 5 years or more all-round Farm Management Experience (on C-level)
– Experience with managing (agri) operations in Africa (or developing countries)
– Knowledge and experience within the world of food production and the agri-/aquaculture industry and willing to follow trends and developments in aquaculture, especially in Africa and Asia
– Strong understanding of performance management principles, finance, operations, business planning and processing legal documentation/information.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and preferably French.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office (including excel), familiarity with databases; excellent IT/computer skills in general
Your required key personal skills
– Excellent strategic and analytical skills to manage changes in a company, Analyzes operations, finance, costs, benefits, opportunities, and risks associated with each alternative solution.
– Entrepreneurial mind-set and action orientated with a desire to create
– Good judgment and decision-making skills Investigates all available options and their potential consequences thoroughly. Involves others, as appropriate, to make high-quality, well-informed decisions on a timely basis.
– Outstanding organizational, intellectual creativity and problem-solving skills, able to deal creatively with complexity, uncertainty and changing environments and being able to convert these into new opportunities for the further growth of IOT.
– Outstanding leadership skills and team-player, able to build and lead a diverse management team and to create strong relationships across diverse groups of people. Builds and manages workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations, and staffing needs. Act with a strong sense of urgency and focus, energetic and self-motivated, has the ability to motivate and energize others while striving for continuous improvement
– Strategic thinking: Able to develop a clear vision about the future of the organization. Formulates objectives and priorities, and implements plans consistent with the long-term interest of the organization in a global environment.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills, excellent stakeholder manager in order to implement changes and communicate with shareholders
– Able to take in and to communicate with different kinds of people of all disciplines, networker and an inspirational personality. Is knowledgeable about issues of race, gender and economic equality.
IOT is a portfolio company of Aqua-Spark, a global investment fund, based in Utrecht. Aqua-Spark makes investments in sustainable aquaculture businesses that generate investment returns, while creating positive social and environmental impact. The fund is building an ecosystem of small to medium sized enterprises across the global aquaculture value chain to make aquaculture more sustainable, healthier and more accessible for all.
The correct candidate will have an excellent salary package with attractive secondary benefits and a truly impactful role within a great entrepreneurial and global organization which is growing fast.
For more information or if you would like to apply directly, please contact Marjolein Jetten: +31 (6) 29 33 2916 or send an e-mail: email@example.com . We are looking forward to receiving your application!